PTSA Funds for School Program Support, Teacher and Student Development
Dear AHS Teacher/Staff Member,
The AHS PTSA has funds for the asking! Each year, we support requests in the areas of student development, school programs and professional development for teachers. Examples of funding from previous years include: financial support for ESOL and general education students to attend Shakespeare performances; new technology; a new 3-tier display for the library; transportation for business students to visit the Fairfax County courthouse; the Black History Bowl; Model UN; prizes for the Science Fair; and teacher workshop/conference registration fees (no travel expenses). Please note the PTSA cannot pay for staffing or substitute teachers.
To request funding:
- Applicants must be current members of the PTSA
- Complete the application and include supporting documentation (please break down costs, i.e. transportation, event tickets, meals, etc)
- To facilitate consideration of your request - we strongly encourage you to scan your your completed application and email it to Grants Chair, Melinda Smith Chrestman (email@example.com)
- Your application may be reviewed by your department chair and/or Principal Thomas prior to PTSA consideration
- You may be asked to attend a PTSA meeting to discuss your request
- We strongly encourage you to submit your requests as soon as possible (at least 1 month prior to due date) in case we have questions, also funds are limited
- Last date for submission of requests is April 2019
Click Here to Download Application.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Student and Faculty Support (Grants) Chair