PTSA Funds for School Program Support, Teacher and Student Development
Dear AHS Teacher/Staff Member,
The AHS PTSA has funds for the asking! Each year, we support requests in the areas of student development, school programs and professional development for teachers. Examples of funding from previous years include: financial support for ESOL and general education students to attend Shakespeare performances; new technology; a new 3-tier display for the library; transportation for business students to visit the Fairfax County courthouse; the Back History Bowl; Model UN; prizes for the Science Fair; and teacher workshop/conference registration fees (no travel expenses). Please note the PTSA cannot pay for staffing or substitute teachers.
To request funding:
- Applicants must be current members of the PTSA
- Include supporting documentation
- To facilitate consideration of your request - we strongly encourage you to complete your application online
- Your application may be reviewed by your department chair and/or Principal Thomas prior to PTSA consideration
- You may be asked to attend a PTSA meeting to discuss your request
- We strongly encourage you to submit your requests as soon as possible, funds are limited
- Last date for submission of requests is April 2017
If you have any questions, please contact:
Student and Faculty Support (Grants) Chair
Online Auction Results
The AHS PTSA Online Auction to support the "All-Night Graduation Celebration" was a huge success! Thank you to everyone who browsed, bid, bought items or shared the site with friends and family.
We had 245 bids placed on 106 items by 69 bidders. We had over 55 businesses contribute items and combined the items were viewed 5,230 times!
Thanks to your support and generosity, we raised over $5,750. Go Atoms!