A Special Message from AHS Principal Tim Thomas
First of all, I want to congratulate all of our students who have achieved success thus far as evidenced by their achievements in academics, fine and performing arts, and athletics. A number of our students have been recognized at the district, regional, state, and even national level and we are all proud of their accomplishments.
I also want to take a moment to thank our amazing faculty and staff for their efforts in helping to ensure the success of our students. I’m counting on everyone to support our vision- Respect, Learning, Relationships, Diversity- Value All; Compromise None.
I also wanted to take a moment to remind everyone of the expectations that were shared at the beginning of the year in our SR&R video. Let me highlight a few things as reminders to our students:
- You are not allowed to park on school property during the school day especially not in faculty parking spots without an FCPS parking permit. We have already begun ticketing and will begin towing repeat offenders. Those who have been ticketed will need to pay their fines before purchasing prom tickets and participating in graduation if you’re a senior. See Mr. Carayiannis if you are interested in purchasing a parking permit for the remainder of the year.
- Remember- hats, hoodies, headbands, doo-rags, bandanas, and other non-religious head wear are prohibited and should be removed and put away once in the building.
- During lunches, you are expected to remain in the cafeteria unless you have a pass to visit with a teacher or to go to the library. Seniors are allowed to eat in the senior courtyard as long as they keep it clean.
- Everyone shares the responsibility to keep our school safe. Students, you are expected to cooperate with any and all directions from any adult in the building regardless of their position.
- Offensive language and aggressive behavior are also prohibited. Remember to respect yourself, respect each other, respect adults and respect our school.
- Attendance is critical for learning- come to school and go to class…on time every day.
With everyone’s cooperation, we can be sure that Annandale High School remains a safe and positive place for teaching and learning.
2017 - 2018
Carrie Holmes – President
Norma Foti - VP of Membership
Margaret Kindling – Secretary
Maria Cruz – Treasurer